Dog Poop Bags - the best way to clean up dog poop.
Why? Check out the facts below
- Dog poop is a major source of bacterial pollution in urban stormwater.
- Dog poop is not a good fertilizer. It is toxic to your lawn and can burn and discolor the grass. Which is why it's important to clean up with our dog poop bags.
- Before the enactment of the 1978 law that required dog owners to clean up after their pets, approximately 40 million pounds of dog poop were left on the streets on New York every year.
- The bacteria, viruses, and parasites that are carried in dog poop can threaten the health of humans and wildlife.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classified pet waste, including dog poop, as a pollutant in the same category as toxic chemicals and oil.
- A days worth of dog poop from a single large dog can contain 7.8 billion fecal coliform bacteria. This is enough to close 15 acres of shellfish beds.
- Most dogs will intentionally avoid their own dog poop.
- There is dog poop all over the sidewalk in Paris.
- From a population of 100 dogs, three days worth of dog poop would contribute enough bacteria and nutrients to close a bay to swimming.
- Seeing eye dogs poop on command.
- Contact with infected dog poop can spread hookworms, ringworms, tapeworms and Salmonella.
- On average, a healthy dog poops 1-3 times a day. How often depends on the amount of food he eats and how good the food is, as well as his age and lifestyle.
- It takes a pile of dog poop 12 months or more to break down completely.
- When dog poop is carried into waterways it adds nitrogen to the water. The excess nitrogen reduces the oxygen in water that is necessary for healthy underwater grasses, wildlife and fish.
- In a year the average dog poops 276 pounds of waste.
- There is a city in Spain that made it compulsory for dog owners to register pets with a canine DNA database. This allows dog patrols to match dog poop found on the street or in parks with the DNA and fine owners $400 plus the cost of lab work.
- The roundworm eggs found in dog poop take over two weeks to hatch, and therefore when you pick up your dogs poop immediately there are no health risks.
- A healthier diet can reduce the unpleasantness of your dogs poops! Quality food with less fillers will reduce the amount of dog poop for you to pick up and make it more tolerable.